1.25.2005

DJ MEDI4 MIX - Hard Soul Volume 1 - Live at the Knit

Hard Soul Volume 1 - Live at the Knitting Factory, Los Angeles - mp3
(WARNING - The Hard Soul mix is a big file, and will take awhile. I wanted to keep it at a decent bitrate, so it didn't sound like shit. If you like the mix, feel free to spread the link around - let's see if we can reach my bandwith limit this month...)


I'm just about to do a new "Hard Soul" mix, so I thought I'd post the entire first one here. It's not perfect, but what is? It was done live a little over a year ago, at LA's Knitting Factory, and was representitive of my idea of "the funk" at that time. I have to say, if nothing else, I play a lot harder, dirtier stuff now...

And in case you haven't already grabbed the New Mastersounds track yet, here it is again. Tight, dirty new school funk from Leeds, England. They're coming to the States for select dates right before Jazzfest this year. High Sierra is also buzzing about them...

Eddie Roberts is the guitarist for the Mastersounds, and here's a tight, funky track called "Eazin' Down" from his new solo record, Roughneck. This link will take you to a nice BBC Radio review of the record (congrats on the press, E). He'll probably wince when he reads this, but if you dug the St. Germain stuff, go get Eddie's record. Never panders, but goes down like sweet, sweet cough syrup - perfect for Sunday afternoon gatherings and house parties. People will ask what it is, and you'll be smarter than them, which is the ultimate goal, no?

Don't sleep - Eddie and the band are coming Stateside soon - you've been warned.

PROMISE - I'm working on adding lots of photos, dancing religious figures, and annoying sounds to the ol' blog, so it'll be a little more exciting to visit. I'm just busy...

My first Jazzfest is coming up soon. We've just booked flights for April 17 - May 3, and I've already started taking my vitamins for what should be a long, dirty, funky weekend. Wish me luck as I spread the word to promoters, managers, and venues...

Next few music posts are up in the air - email me if you've got a suggestion. Peace...

No comments: