10.25.2004

Voodoo Music Festival 2004 Playlists

Some folks asked me to post my playists for 2 of my sets at this year's Voodoo Fest, so here goes.

This first set was played before the Pixies went on, so I was shooting for a "alt-dj" thing - let me know how I did, right?

  1. The Flaming Lips - Do You Realize? (WB)
  2. Basment Jaxx - Give Peace A Chance (White Label Bootleg)
  3. The Beatles - The End (Capitol/Apple)
  4. Blur - Song 2 (Virgin)
  5. Gary Glitter - Rock & Roll, Part 2 (Rhino)
  6. The Timelords - Doctoring The Tardis (The KLF vs Doctor Who) (TVT)
  7. The Pretenders - Message of Love (Sire)
  8. Franz Ferdinand - Take Me Away (Domino)
  9. Nirvana - Breed (Geffen)
  10. Foo Fighters - Monkey Wrench (Capitol)
  11. The Ramones - Teenage Lobotomy (Sire)
  12. Green Day - American Idiot (WB)
  13. Iggy Pop - Lust For Life (Virgin)
  14. Apollo 100 - Joy (Rhino)

Btw, "American Idiot" is the perfect pop song for 2004. Couldn't make it any better - ever.

This second set was following Velvet Revolver and before Kid Rock, so I had a captive audience of 20,000 ready for punishment - i pulled the big heavy rock guns out for this one, man...
  1. Van Halen - Hot For Teacher (WB)
  2. Ozzy Osbourne - Over The Mountain (Jet/Epic)
  3. Guns N' Roses - It's So Easy (Geffen)
  4. AC/DC - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap (Atlantic/Atco)
  5. Judas Priest - You've Got Another Thing Coming (Columbia)
  6. Motley Crue - Kickstart My Heart (Elektra)
  7. Marilyn Manson - The Beautiful People (Interscope/Nothing)
  8. Iron Maiden - The Number of the Beast (Capitol/Harvest)
  9. Black Sabbath - Paranoid (WB)
  10. Led Zeppelin - Rock & Roll (Atlantic)
  11. The Who - Won't Get Fooled Again (MCA)
  12. The Osmonds - Crazy Horses (MGM)
Kind of perfect when you think about it. I've got a slot of 30-45 minutes to do damage, then I see the band...

I love my job.

No comments: