10.11.2004

Named 1st ever "Resident DJ" for Voodoo Music Experience

Yeah, baby!

I'm pleased to announce that I've been named the first ever "Resident DJ" for the Voodoo Music Experience in New Orleans, October 16th & 17th, 2004.

I'll be playing for my biggest crowds ever - 15,000+ people, and doing my "tweener" sets on the Rolling Stone.com/Southern Comfort Stage (aka Main Stage). Over the course of 2 days, I'll play 6+ times, opening for the Beastie Boys, the Pixies, Kid Rock, Gomez, John Digweed, and others...

Huge, huh?

Please wish me luck, love and safe travel as we head down to the Big Easy. From the looks of it, the weather should be great, and I'm really looking forward to spreading the "no genres barred" approach to dj'ing to new, unsuspecting victims.

My sets will be all over the place - a 2 hour eclectic set planned to open the Festival @ 10.30 Saturday morning (I'm opening for Gomez, one of my favorite bands), a Hard Rock/Metal set before Kid Rock Sunday night, and my best "Fatboy Slim-meets-Jack Daniels" sets before the Beastie Boys - including everything from rare, old hip-hop bombs to big, nasty electronic breakbeats. This should be a riot!

Wish me luck...

Finally, I've just been confirmed to play Vail, Colorado, co-headlining a snowy Halloween bash with Garaj Majal October 30th, 2004 @ a cool place called 8150. Lots of funk, sould, hip-hop and disco classics coming 'atcha, CO! I've never been to that altitude before, so I'm looking forward to getting plastered from 2 drinks (and I think it's an "All You Can Drink Night", to boot!).

Off to the land of Dixie.

No comments: