8.11.2005

This Saturday & Sunday (and a mash-up)...

This Saturday and Sunday (August 13 & 14) find me doing very different gigs. Come to one, come to both (or in true LA style, stay home and be apathetic). Here goes.

August 13, 2005

DJ Medi4
Live in-store performance
@ Neo 39 (the Mecca of Sport Shoes and Trainers, trust me)
39 E Colorado Blvd
Pasadena
CA 91105
Times 6 - 10 PM
Presented in association with
Pony Shoes and Neo 39 (here's a map for you).
Lots of giveaways and sales that night - don't sleep on Pasadena - this shop is DOPE
Thanks to everyone at Pony/GBMI for bringing me on again. Love you guys & thanks for the gear - cool shoes. The music for this one is funky and mashed up - lots of boots, hip hop and breakbeats. Don't miss it.

Sunday finds me at LA's Beauty Bar (where yes, you can get a martini and a manicure - I've been told you should bring your own nail polish, if you're picky) for the first Dubgypsy Night Out. My good friend Patrick Belton (aka DJ Sly) and I will be alternating 30 minute sets, with the only musical rules being "nothing commercial" - other than that, the gloves are off. From me, lots of rare rock and funk, lots of mash-ups and bootlegs. From Sly, well, we'll see. I think it's a night of "letting your musical hair down"...

Sunday August 14, 2005
DJ Medi4 & DJ Sly
@ The Beauty Bar, Los Angeles
1638 North Cahuenga Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90028
"The Dubgypsy Night Out"
Every 2nd Sunday of each month
No Cover 9 PM - 2 AM (yeah, right. 1.45 is not 2.00)
21+ over, please
Drink Specials, and only good requests...
Alright, alright. Here's the Mash-up I promised. One of my favorite Bootleg producers is Dunproofin' from the UK. Here's one of his newer tunes - "ABCWOC", taking Fatboy Slim's "Weapon of Choice" and laying the accapella of The Jackson 5's "ABC" gently over it. Simple A + B = genius. Enjoy.

No comments: